Regular membership. Regular Membership in National Defense Committee is limited to War Veterans as the term and classification as War Veterans is defined by the U. S. Internal Revenue Service, namely, persons who have served in the United States Armed Forces during a period of war, with those periods specified by the Internal Revenue Service as:
- April 21, 1898 through July 4, 1902;
- April 6, 1917 through November 11, 1918;
- December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946;
- June 27, 1950 through January 31, 1955;
- February 28, 1961 through May 7, 1975, in the case of a veteran who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period;
- August 5, 1964 through May 7, 1975;
- August 2, 1990 and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential Proclamation or by law; and
- Additional periods of service which the IRS defines as service in time of war in the future.
Regular memberships must always exceed 90% of the total National Defense Committee membership.
Associate membership. Veterans, cadets, or spouses, widows, or widowers of the families of National Defense Committee War Veteran Regular Members, so long as the total number of associate memberships does not exceed 10% of the total National Defense Committee membership. Associate members are not entitled to vote or hold office. Associate membership shall be for life unless terminated as provided for in these Articles of Incorporation and the Corporation bylaws.